Meeting Minutes – FAiTh – Patients & Parents Association
Objective: Interactive Session For Thalassemia Patients & Parents
Speaker: Dr. Usman Sheikh Consultant Hematologist Aga Khan University Hospital Karachi
Location: Memon Professional Forum Exclusive Trade Centre, Plot No. 26-C, 4th Floor Rahat Commercial Lane 2, D.H.A Phase 6 Karachi
Time: 10:30 AM – 1:30 PM
Dr Muhammad Usman, Ayesha Mehmood, Mona Mehmood, Asma Farooq, Mr Farooq, Amna Ilyas, Laraib Ilyas, Kiran Zahid, Attiya Kamran, Sehrish Ghafoor, Mrs Ghafoor, Zehra Sohail, Mrs Sohail, Samra, Mehwish Solangi, Ayesha Abbasi, Rehan Qadeer, Raza Ahmed, Abdul Moiz, Aurangzeb, Malik Adee, Shahid, Muhammad Shoaib, Jameel Ahmed, Abdul Rehman, Kulsoom, Urooj, Bakhtawar, Sundas, Kanwal, Idrees, Afifa, Shaheen Essani Rao, Ilyas Rao, Iqra, Ayesha, Mr Hameed Kath, Mrs Hameed Kath, Mr Khalid Bhambha, Mr Waseem Patel, Mr Arif, Mr Iqbal Gaba
- Interactive Session For Thalassemia Patients & Parents
- Event started with Tilawat e Quran
- Mr Khalid Bhambha briefed about Memon Professional Forum & its activities
- Miss Ayesha Mehmood gave a brief introduction of FAiTh – Patients & Parents Association
- Usman gave a short intro of thalassemia to audience, discussed with audience importance of blood transfusion & iron chelation, consequences of keeping low hemoglobin, issues with high ferritin, shared about dexascan, T2* MRI etc.
- Usman guided the patients regarding endocrine issues, diabetes, standard dose for their chelation, bone issues, liver, hepatitis, etc.
- Later on Dr. Usman answered the questions received from patients living out of city and the patients attending event.
More than 40 patients & parents attended the event; everyone got a chance to learn a lot, ask their questions and get their answers. The event was over after group photos and a plan to conduct such session once or twice in an year.